Friday, December 12, 2008

history plus good news

my wife and I have been married for the last 14yrs. We have been through alot more than most people that have been married twice as long in some cases. Not long after We got married she got pregnant , Which ended in a miscarriage. Our apartment caught fire a few months later and we were forced to live in another one but only a cockroach invested dump, One night I almost got shot by gangbangers that were running the streets near our apartment. We then moved raised our son , not always the best way we could have. In 2003 We were not getting along to well and a mutual friend of ours introduced us to a friend;s daughter , Who happened to be the biggest mistake of my life. She fed on the fact my wife and I wasnt getting along , and pretty much suckered me into sleeeping with her and eventually throw michelle out. We did separate for a time and I will regret it forever. We reconsiled and , not too long after We got pregnant with our daughter. We had her oct,14,2004. After pregnancy she dealt with postpartom depression which started to cause a rift between us. She eventually got over that . We have had fights off and on all couples do if you don't somethin wrong trust me. This past summer I was working alot of hours , so my moods were not always very good. For vacation this july I took her to New orleans , It is an awsome city. I went back to work still working alot of overtime . Tired and irritable alot , I admit I lost focus on family , and I regret . My wife was begging for attention and she found it online . She was on Facebook , and 4 guys were paying alot of attention to her ,and she got carried away and flirted with them and sent them bad photos. I consider it cheating on me , She believes it was a tease that went to far . I am not posting this to make her feel guilty for that . I am at fault for alot of things . For one I have a drinking problem , which she absolutely abhores which I intend to fix. All I ask from her is honesty and support and love.I have had to watch her self destruct for almost 3 years between 2005- 2006 . she found her Mom dead, and Her Dad. That is a hell of alot to take for anyone. Well now all have our messed up history now for the good part. Despite all both of our mess ups We have prooven we love eachother . We are going to renew our vows and make a fresh start. I love her more than life itself , and I know I would be lost without her , She is everything to me . I repeat this was not to make her feel bad about anything , We have both both screwed up big time . We fix our finacial situation and be honest with eachother at all times , I know our marriage with be unbreakable. I love you Michelle With all my heart and soul.

8 comments:

Cliff said...

You have definitely been through a lot. What would scare me the most would be the photos on the net. But the fact that you've been able to forgive each other tells me that you had a strong foundation to begin with.

BTW, I hope you enjoyed the poem and card I sent you.

Michelle said...

I love too hunny more than you will ever know. I couldn't be happier than I am with you right now.

coltfan said...

yes thankyou very much for the card cliff. and I agree

coltfan said...

I love you baby.

Amel said...

This is such an honest and open post, Randy! I'm GLAD that after all this time you two are still together and you're going to renew your vows.

God bless your marriage!!! :-))) Marriage is tough work indeed!

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Everyone has their own belief system, and I am not trying to preach. With that, listen to my story ...

I was the absolute worst alcoholic ever. What was fun and partying in the 80's turned to a massive problem of self destruction. Believe me, you never really understand the problem until you see it from a 20/ 20 hindsight point of view years later.

If you ask the good Lord to save you from alcohol, and I mean truly ask - and desire help ... it will come. I have been sober for six years and counting. This change was the single greatest thing to happen in my life.

What most do not understand is the chemical change in your brain while using. Everything is blurred, and the disease will make descisions for you without consciously being aware.
After a period of time COMPLETELY sober, your body and mind change, adapt, and become healthy again. You do not need liqour to be happy, or relieve stress, because your mind becomes free of clouded judgements.

Again, I am not preaching to you, just letting you know about my own experience .... and what works.

Give it some thought.

coltfan said...

thank you very much Eric. I sincerely thankyou for the advise.

Speedcat Hollydale said...

:-)

Feel free to sign my guestbook at the bottom of my page and thanks for visiting.