Sunday, February 8, 2009

This is my opinion on the social networks

Many of you have commented on my wife's blog about this subject, So I wanted to give my point of view of the subject. When I think of a social network , I think chainsaw, axe, gun,etc all usefull things but in the wrong hands can be dangerous. Single people 18 and over chatrooms and facebook, myspace, the list goes on and on that is fine but be careful, you do not know who you are really talking to. Now don't get me wrong many people have went on to meet someone and fall in love and eventually marry them, They are the lucky few. Child molesters use these sites to find prey, People that are unhappily married use them to cheat on thier significant other(meet someone to try to hook up later) It is really easy to get stupid online . When you do not know someone ,Do not for one: Don't tell them where you live, Don't send them things you would not want the whole world to see. The internet has become more advanced now than it ever was and you can do the research yourself but I am quite sure the divorce rate globally has risen because of the chatrooms and social networks as well as the exploitation of children . . My point to all the blogosphere is too be carefull ,And monitor your kids no matter how much it pisses them off. To me it does not matter what network ,This is a "network". I enjoy the friends I have made on blog It has helped to start to break the shell I have put myself in .I have never been a very social person ,because growing up I was bullied and picked on all the time. I hated my school years. I met My wife again after a long absence from eachother I knew very quickly I wanted to be with her till I took my last breath, But I made alot of mistakes from then till now. Drinking , trying to be right all the time , (thats my protective side that wants to help her make right decisions) even though she needs to find the right path on her own . Her and I have both hurt eatchother and it was selfish on both of our parts ,But I don't believe our love for eatchother has ever waived. It easy to say screw you ,"You know where the court house is "when you are pissed off. Her and I both know ,We would be lost without the other,We complete eatchother and I hope she feels the same as I .I am pretty sure she does. I still after all that happened in our long and recent past love my wife with all my being and never want to be without her.Folks I want to meet new bloggers out in the blogosphere ,You be real with me and I will be real with you ,That is my promise to you all .... And that folks is the way I see it

4 comments:

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Here here!!!

As great as the internet is, it's WAY to powerfull. Social media like Myspace is like giving young people the controls to aircraft.

What is the solution?? I think we have passed the point of no return. Most kids can run a computer far better than their own parents. I have family that thinks they "watch" what their kids are doing on line while they could not even find an encrypted file.

I ask you, because as my previous comments will tell you, I always have a strong opinion ... but am at a loss here. How can we stop what is going on inside the social medias of 2009??? Is there a way?

coltfan said...

I would hope someday there would be a way to monitor what kids are doing on there.my space , facebook, the list goes on and on , I believe should be for what they were designed for . College kids. In a way it is up to us parents to stop those things which can harm our kids. Now as far as spouses cheating on eachother online In my own experience once you found out the things happened You have to decide for yourself if you want to make things get better or tell them buh bye I love my wife and I honestly (now) believe she was mentally not herself when the incidents ocurred. I partially blame her docs.We were not on the same page . Things were bieng said to her that I wasn't . It is easy to fall into a hole when you on an emotional rollorcoaster. all I can say to all the blogosphere is this protect your own even if you have to protect them from themselves.

Speedcat Hollydale said...

I agree on the age issue. Seems to me no kid needs to be on myspace. Just how to curb that is the problem.

You know, I think most parents do not see the dangers involved with the internet, and that's to bad.


As far as your marriage? If you both love each other, there really is NO obstacle that can not be overcome. I am proud of you both for having strenth and commitment to get through some rough waters.

This was a very good post ... and one that raises a lot of questions. Well done :-)

coltfan said...

our marriage is beginning to get back to normal and will eventually become even stronger . Though nothing happened on a true physical level It took a while to get my trust back .To me it is not what just did happen it is what could have happened is what scared me to death.

Feel free to sign my guestbook at the bottom of my page and thanks for visiting.