Thursday, February 19, 2009

work has slowed to a crawl.


Well the company I work for has slowed to a crawl. We have went down to four days a week, Luckily I am salary so My pay won't be affected yet. That is not to say I couldn't be laid off. The global economy is so bad manufacturing doesn't have a chance right now. I work in a foundry . We make cast Iron parts for electric motors, water pumps , and many other parts. The cast metal industry in this country is in serious trouble due in part to the over seas market . China has dominated this industry because they charge alot less for the parts . But the quality is not there. They do not have to worry about environmental groups or safety regulations. And most chinese foundries are government owned. The stimulus package will not save this country , But what might is companies stay in this country instead of relocating over seas. The united states start buying and selling within itself instead of importing crap that we could make ourselves.Cars, radios, clothes, rubber dog shit the list goes on and on. This country needs to start taking care of ourselves instead of worrying about pissing off our nieghbors. The homeless rates in this country keep climbing higher and higher but yet you see the christians childrens fund or other charities want you to send money to little bow mow in bangledesh or somewhere, I say screw them for now fix ours first before we mess around in other countries back yards. They don't give a shit about us anyway most of em want us dead.I am not preaching hate in this post , not at all But I believe this country could be great again if We start looking out for our people better . Fix the healthcare system, create jobs that you don't have to ask if they want fries with that. you know things are bad in this country when alot of foreignors are going back home cause they cannot find work. My main point is this...Why kiss other countries asses for goods and services such as oil and other imports when we could do it ourselves that alone would pull the country out of the shitter. That is the way I see it

4 comments:

Cliff said...

The company I work for gets parts from China and I agree with you on the quality issue, espcecially in regards to castings.

What we need to do in this country is to "build a better mouse trap" so to speak, and maybe start charging a huge tariff on Chinese goods that would make these products more costly.

Cliff said...

I have an award for you.

coltfan said...

thankyou cliff.And yes I can be crude but usually it is when I feel so strongly about a subject or event.And a bad habit of mine is I cuss like a trucker kinda goes with working in a foundry most of my life lol.

J. Moses said...

Funny, me and Cliff had the same idea! You also got that award from me...

Feel free to sign my guestbook at the bottom of my page and thanks for visiting.